Last week I talked about creating a morning routine. Mine is still a work in progress and I’m adding things as I go. I’m working little by little to create one that works for me and actually energizes me instead of piling on a bunch of things that will eventually drain me.
There is a song that has been in my head for months. I’m adding it to my morning. How great would it feel to have these words ring in your head first thing in the AM? I heard this over and over at Oprah’s Life You Want Weekend last year and I totally understand why. It absolutely puts you in the mindset of creating your best life!
I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night
Just listening to the words resonated with me and what I’m creating and my intentions for the life I want. It got me to thinking about creating the best day of my life. What does that look like? Even bigger, if that’s the goal everyday then what does your amazing life look like? I have a few ideas on building it. Let me know what you think. Here are some thoughts for creating and living the life you really want:
- Get clear on why you’re here. Take some time to discover your purpose. Spend some time figuring out your likes/dislikes. Zoom in on what’s working and what isn’t. Download this free worksheet for questions to ask and things to think about on the way to finding your purpose.
- Decide what you want. Sometimes this sounds way easier than it is. Giving some thought to what you want can move you from going with the flow to rolling with intention.
- Once you figure out what you want, set some straight up scary, out of your comfort zone goals and start taking steps in the direction of what you want. No matter how crazy it may seem to say what you want, you have to believe what you want is absolutely possible – because it is.
- Keep your focus. For years I’ve lived by the phrase “what you focus on grows”. The things we give the most attention are the things we’ll see more of. You want to see more positivity? Focus on positive things. There’s no need to focus on having it all. That looks different for everyone anyway. Focus on what’s most important to you and grow from there.
- Don’t fear failure. No one is perfect. You won’t do everything right. When you fall, get up and think about this – did you learn something? Now start over with the lesson learned!
What does an amazing life look like to you?