Feeling stuck in a rut? It’s time to do something! Making change to make you feel better can be as simple as doing something small. For me, that sometimes means having enough time to sit down and paint my toenails or even go and get a pedicure!! Whoot whoot! My time is tight, so while these are little things, they can feel like a big deal. The small things can make big changes in our life and the people around us. Here are a few ideas on where to start. Try these top six ways to get you out of a rut!
- An act of kindness never hurt anyone. Pay it forward by paying for the order of the person behind you at Starbucks. Everyone talks about karma when someone does something shady. But karma works both ways, people! You do something good, guess what’s headed your way? Warm and fuzzy goodness! Yup!
- As we’ve move on into adult hood, sometimes it’s hard to make new friends. It can be hard to let new people in your circle. How about we drop that wall and let someone in and make a new friend! You could be just the buddy they need at that time and vice versa.
- Make a new connection that in some way gets you closer to something you really want. This connection could be a person or something that’s been on your long list of things to do. Take action and move closer to whatever it is you want.
- Bucket list wasn’t just a movie. Make your own bucket list and then make a plan to check something off that list. What are you waiting for?
- When you’re in a rut and feeling down on yourself, one definite way to boost your mood is to make a list of your accomplishments. You’ve done far more than you remember. Once you start writing things down, you’ll see why you can give yourself a little pat on the back.
- Really feeling like something needs to change? Are you ready to do something drastic? Try making a move and change something. Change your hair, change jobs, or an even bigger change – move! There’s nothing like a change of scenery to inspire and change your mood!
What do you do to pull yourself out of a rut? I wanna hear your suggestions in the comments!
Like what you just read? Get a dose of inspiration direct to your inbox FREE!